*****Rehearsals will resume to their regular schedule the week of May 6th: Concert Band on Tuesday and Jazz Band on Thursday.
Congratulations to the students who participated in the Worldstrides Heritage Music Festival this past weekend in Boston. The Junior Concert Band received a Silver award, the Senior Jazz Band received a Gold and the Senior Concert Concert Band received a Gold award and placed first in their category. The students also received the Spirit of Boston award for their outstanding behavior and attitude during the festival weekend. We are so proud of them!
The Grade 11 music students represented BHS at TOPS 2019 on April 4th 2019. They performed 3 songs for the audience. BHS also had Christina Koikaran, Ashely De Nino, Miranda de Luca and Chloe Plouffe sing during the show. It was a great opportunity to show how talented our students are.
Congratulations to the Junior and Senior Jazz Bands for their great performances at Jazzfest Des Jeunes on March 30th in St-Hubert. Both bands received Silver Awards and made us very proud.
Congratulations to the Grade 8 Band for receiving a Gold Award at Capital Region Music Festival in Ottawa on february 20th 2019. The students worked very hard and gave an outstanding performance. Congratulations to Sebastien Beaulieu for receiving an Honour Award. Well done Grade 8's!
Congratulations to the grade 7 and 8 students for an outstanding performance at the Fall Concert. Thanks to the generosity of the audience members, we were able to raise $945 for Sparkes of Hope!
Elementary Schools Tour 2018
Pictures and Videos
Grade 7 students playing for the first time as a full band.
BHS Music Calendar
- October 10th, 11th and 12th - Elementary School tour (Senior Concert Band and Jazz Band)
- October 30th - Fall Concert (grade 7 and 8 bands)
- October 18th - Open House (Grade 11 band)
- December 11th and 12th - Holiday concerts (All bands)
- December 18th - Concert Band Breakfast
- 3rd week of February - Capital Region Musicfest (grade 8 band)
- March 30th - Jazzfest des Jeunes (Junior and Senior Jazz Bands)
- April 16th - Boston Band performance and meeting
- April 25th - April 28th - Boston Worldstrides On Stage Heritage Music Festival
- May 14th-15th - Spring Concerts (All bands)
- June 4th - Convocation (grade 10)